Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Just Do it :)

I love to travel.  I love all that the word entails - taking off somewhere new, meeting new  people, recognizing fellow tourists in a foreign world, being lost, finding bits of yourself. The list is endless. And  I also believe that no trip is complete without feeling slightly scared ;)

Recently I traveled to Pattaya. And  in this trip, I did something which made my heart skip a beat (oh all right a few!!). I went for a sea walk.

To give you guys some context, I am called a water baby. I love water. I feel a longing to be near water bodies. They are magentic and I  absolutely adore swimming. But here on this island in Pattaya when I am listening with half an ear to the instructions the coach is giving to the group, he says something that gets my full attention. He says " It doesnt matter if you know swimming or not. The head gear is so heavy that you won't be able to come up swimming. So please don't try to swim". There. I was done for. Heart beating. What if the equipment fails ? What if the head gear sinks me ? 20ft under. Shivers.Gulps. Maybe this was a bad idea. NOT!

I did it. Needless to say loved every minute of the half  hour. And also felt  very accomplished.  I did something that scared me for a few minutes, made my heart skip a few beats and that my friends to me is always one of the best parts of traveling. Doing something that scares you a little. The joy that you did it and well yes of course, also that you are alive to talk about it ;)

1 comment: